It is not just sufficient that the document is certified, we also need to be able to confirm that the person who has certified the document is who they say they are. To ensure this is the case;
- An Australian solicitor needs to provide full name and State of Australia they are registered in (MAP can then do a search of the records to confirm),
- JP/CDEC needs to provide their registration number so MAP can conduct a search
- A Notary is to provide full name etc so we can do a search on the public register,
- A lawyer in a common law country is to provide full name so we can do a search on the public register,
- Consular official to use appropriate stamp.
Faxed or emailed copies will be sufficient to get home loan approved, but original certified copies will be required by post prior to settlement (generally you will just post them back with the formal mortgage documents so no extra post required).