After completing his degree in Business and Commerce in Hospitality Management at Western Sydney University, Michael worked at a small event management company and helped them grow to win tenders, he did this by creating new ideas and process to ensure all events planned went as smooth as possible, the largest event that Michael was a part of was Vivid Sydney.
As much as he enjoyed the Event Management Industry, there was just something missing in work, Michael wanted more responsibilities in his work and a connection to his clients.
Wanting a career change, Michael looked into becoming a Real Estate Agent as it was something he came close to doing after high school. After talking to some Real Estate Agents, he learnt that the relationship with clients was very transactional but there was something about helping others with owning property that he was attracted to.
During this time, Michael was consulting with his cousin about a career change.
His cousin was working for a Mortgage Brokering company and advised him that they were looking for interns.
This is when he first learned about the Mortgage Brokering Industry
The director of Map Home Loans flew into Sydney after talking to Michael on the phone and interviewed him at Virgin Lounge.
Craig, who is the Director of Map Home Loans started as a Mortgage Broker after a career change from another Industry, saw many qualities in Michael that he saw in himself.
Michael was offered a 12-month apprenticeship under Craig, assisting him in managing over 500 clients.
Through hard work and persistence, Michael has graduated with a Certificate IV and Diploma in the last three years and is now a Mortgage Broker with the company
Michael believes in hard work and less talking, “Well done is better than well said”
Michael’s area of specialties includes:
- First Home Buyers
- Knock Down and Re-Builds
- Investment Loans
- Australian expats on foreign income
- Temporary visa holders on 461 and 820
Michael has helped clients all over the world including Hong Kong, UAE, London, and Switzerland.
When Michael is away from the office, he enjoys cooking, fishing, playing rugby league and basketball
- Licenced with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- Full Member of the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (‘FBAA’)
- Member of Australian Financial Complaints Authority (‘AFCA’)
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
- Member of Connective, One of Australians largest mortgage broking aggregator
- Australian Credit Licence Holder: Connective Credit Services
- Australian Credit Licence Number: 389 328
- Australian Business Number: 702 913 694 35